Thursday, September 27, 2012

D.I.Y. Givenchy Skirt

| | 2 comments



You'll need:

  • a pair of trousers;
  • a scissor;
  • a sewing machine;
  • black sewing thread;
  • an elastic band;
  • an iron;
  • patience;
1. Cut straight through a pair of trousers turning it into some biker shorts, which you can wear later with or without the skirt.
2. Cut the seam of the other half carefully, so that you end up with a rectangle when opened. Do not cut the previous seams on the bottom, there's no need.
3. Iron the two pieces and use the iron to mark the pleats on both sides as well. This will help you sew without using any pins.
4. After sewing, repeat the last process on the waist, leaving space for the elastic band. Sew the beginning of the elastic under the pleat and then close it up (don't sew the band, make sure it is loose underneath).
5. In the end try the skirt on and mark where it fits you and where to sew the end of the elastic. After sewing it you're ready to wear it!

It's really easy, you just need some creativity, time and patience. Now I'll figure out how to wear mine, do it yourself too!
I hope you liked it, tell me what you think.

xo,
Fii.

2 comments:

  1. oh wow, great job!! And I’m really liking the layout of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the support! Your blog is amazing as well!

      Delete

Me

Hi, my name is Filipa. I'm a 18 year old girl passionate about fashion and arts, therefore I'm anxious to share with you my style and taste.


fii.fon.seca.official@gmail.com

Followers

Categories

All images belong to me, if not posted otherwise . Powered by Blogger.
 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance