You will need:
- a beanie (I bought this one at H&M for only 3€)
- rubber mesh like the one you put under the carpets, so that they don't slip
- needle and thread
As I think you already know, I'm an art student, but this definition is pretty vague. I've been studying at Escola Artística de Soares dos Reis (feel free to google it) since my 10th grade. I'm now in my last year and it's kind of obvious that I chose textile art (what a surprise ahaha). My point is, it was during a class that I came across this odd material and decided I had to do something with it. Needless to say I was wearing my black beanie that day and BAM! idea. I ran downtown to buy some of this rubber mesh and ran to a shopping center to buy some sort of really cheap beanie for my experiment.
Follow my steps:
- Draw the outline of the beanie on the rubber.
- Cut it (doesn't need to be perfect).
- Fix the mesh on the beanie with some pins.
- Sew it with some black thread (I had to sew it by hand, because it didn't work with my machine).
- Cut the extra bits of rubber, if there are any.
- Enjoy your new graphic beanie!
I'm leaving tomorrow for Lisbon for the day, so if you spot a beanie like this you'll know it's me!
Hope you like it.